- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, 1990
- Master’s Degree in Homeland Security, 2015
- Savannah Lodge No. 407
- Cumberland Chapter No. 70, Holy Royal Arch Masons
- Bayard-Titus-Johnson No. 2, Royal and Select Masters
- Pilgrim Rest Commandery No. 11, Knights Templar
- Tarheel Priory No. 10, Knights York Cross of Honour
- E.J. Morine Consistory No. 13, Ancient Accepted Scottsih Rite
- Kindah Temple No. 62, A.E.A.O.N.M.S.
- Electa Chapter No. 627, Order of the Eastern Star
- Most Excellent Grand High Priest, NCGRHRAMNC (2003-2006 and 2007-2009)
- Right Grand Thrice Illustrious Master, PHGCRSMNC (2009-2011)
- Right Eminent Grand Commander, Tarheel Grand Commandery (2011-2013)
- Right Worshipful Junior Grand Warden, MWPHGLNC (2011-2016)
- Jurisdictional Deputy for North Carolina, Grand Convent, KYCH (2014 – PRESENT)
- Imperial Deputy Director, Legion of Honor, A.E.A.O.N.M.S. (2012 – PRESENT)
- Recording Secretary, E.J. Morine Council of Deliberation (PRESENT)
- Grand Knight Advisor for the Coffee-Tucker Grand Court PYCH, PHA, Inc. (PRESENT)
- Jurisdictional Deputy for the General Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters (PRESENT)
Daniel L. Thompson is the son of Mrs. Jean V. Weathers of Columbia, SC and the late Daniel Thompson. A 1990 Distinguished Military Graduate, Cum Laude, of South Carolina State College (now University), Orangeburg, SC, he is the oldest of three children.
Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Thompson retired from the United States Army on 31 December 2013. He served as an Intelligence Officer for Army and Joint Service Commands for commanders from the Battalion level to the 4-Star General level and commanded at the Company and Battalion level. He graduated and completed the Military Intelligence Officers Basic and Advance Courses; the Military Intelligence Electronic Warfare and Signals Intelligence School; The Command and General Staff College; the Army Force Management School; the Joint Forces Staff College; the U.S. Army Airborne School and the U.S. Army Jumpmaster School.
LTC (R) Thompson’s military awards included the Legion of Honor Medal; the Meritorious Service Medal (4); Army Commendation Medal (7), Humanitarian Service Medal, War on Terrorism Medal, Overseas Medal (Numeral 2) and the Senior Parachutist Badge. In 2010, he was the recipient of the Military Intelligence Associations Knowlton Award.
Daniel’s fraternal affiliations and service are numerous. He is a member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, INC. He was the first Prince Hall Mason in the Jurisdiction of North Carolina elected to the positions of Most Excellent Grand High Priest, Right Grand Thrice Illustrious Master and Right Eminent Grand Commander. Past Master Thompson currently serves as the Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master for the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of North Carolina and its Jurisdiction, INC. Past Right Grand Thrice Illustrious Master Thompson is the Jurisdictional Deputy for the General Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters. Sovereign Grand Inspector General Thompson serves as the Chief of Staff of the United Supreme Council, Southern Jurisdiction – DC. Past Potentate Thompson is an Imperial Deputy Director for the AEAONMS Legion of Honor Department. Past Prior Thompson is the Jurisdictional Deputy for the Convent General, Knights York Cross of Honour and the Grand Knight Advisor for the Coffee-Tucker Grand Court PYCH, PHA, Inc.
Daniel’s personal motto is “My Brother’s Keeper.” In 2010 he founded and incorporated a foundation called “Don’t Talk Do, INC.” On 23 January 2014, Governor Steven L. Beshear of Kentucky commissioned Daniel a Kentucky Colonel. In March of 2015, Daniel serves on the Board of Directors of the Central Children’s Home of North Carolina, Inc. His hobbies include writing, researching history and listening to music. He is a member of First Baptist Church, 302 Moore Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina.